Thursday, January 2, 2014

CBN Interview with Ergun Caner

Some comments in #prosapologian had me do a quick search for another interview with Ergun Caner from 2002. Ergun, speaking with Craig von Buseck states:

I was a Muslim for half my life, until I was almost twenty. The only thing I ever learned about Christianity I learned from my Imam and the scholars in the mosque. Then when I began to be trained in Madras we heard even more about Christians, that they are our enemies. I would guess that the key word that we would call the Americans was the Crusaders.

 Of course, Ergun became a Christian when he was 16. And learned about Christianity probably while living from the age of 3 in Ohio. One wonders where these "Madras" were that he heard about Christians.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Also in 2003 Caner went on the Lutheran radio program "Issues, etc." and told them that he heard the Gospel while growing up in Turkey because of their radio/tv/satellite ministry. Listen here (48:05 mark): https://web.archive.org/web/20110726195228/http://www.issuesetcarchive.org/mp3/Issues3/Apr_16c.wma

    ReplyDelete