Thursday, September 15, 2005

Sex Slaves in Islam

Now that I have your attention.
 
Reading some articles on Islam I came across the following:
"I asked the Shaykh, what was the ruling on slaves, and whether it was permitted for a male master to sleep with slave women against their will. He simply said yes. I asked to clarify, so if there was a slave market today, I could go and buy a fourteen year old girl just in order to sleep with her? He said yes, and he added, not only was it permitted, it was also common practice among early Muslims. Ali Ibn Abi Talib, the shaykh said, had children from his slaves."  Oliver Ruebenacker, MuslimWakeUp! 2005 
Two questions... first, this is the same religion "of peace" we keep hearing promoted in the media? Secondly, how different is this from what occured to Hagar in Genesis?

No comments:

Post a Comment