Friday, June 4, 2004

THIS IS OLD INFORMATION DO NOT FOLLOW THESE LINKS - 3/07

Links to my favorite spyware cleaning programs.



Hijackthis - the quintessential investigative app.

PestPatrol - not freeware, but highly useful and powerful.

Spyware Blaster - prevents spyware from being installed. Freeware!

Spyware Guard - companion product to Spyware Blaster

Ad-Aware - still good for finding and cleaning most malware.

CWS Shredder - cleans the most obvious forms of CoolWebSearch from your system, keep in mind though, it didn't completely get rid of it from my pc. CWS frequently changes their malware as to circumvent the spyware killers.

I no longer recommend Spybot, as it seems to have begun to lag behind in updates. Spywareinfo.com is still a good resource and clearinghouse for most of this stuff. I highly recommend all PC users get aquainted with this new form of combat against scammers and spammers.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:34 AM

    Home of the absent contrarian???

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not absent, I've just not moved on. :)

    ReplyDelete